I watch a fair amount of pro golf, and I read about it both on line and in the printed press, but there still comes times when I run across a name I just don’t know anything at all about. I like to learn, so I google’em, and since you might like to learn as well I thought I’d share a few tidbits about Jim Renner (who just happens to be leading the Travelers Championship after round one).
- Born October 31, 1983 in Boston.
- Qualified for the PGA Tour by finishing T-22 in the 2010 Q-School.
- Won the 2005 NAIA Golf Championship representing Johnson and Wales University.
- Also attended the University of Oklahoma alongside Anthony Kim.
- Favorite golf course he’s played is Oakmont.
- Has made six cuts in eleven tournaments this year.
- 213 on the Fedex Cup coming into this week.
- 29:th in Driving Distance with 296 yards.
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jimrennergolf
Keep’em in the short stuff.
PS: As I was writing this he double-bogeyed his third hole for the day. My blogs are turning into the opposite of the “Colbert Bump”. Sorry about that, Jim.